Ahuh ahuh. This shit is the BOMBBBB!!!
As a beginner Vegan (it has officially been one month now– yay me! :)) I’ve been reading up a lot on how to ensure I’m eating the right amounts of the right types of foods throughout the day AKA maintaining a balanced diet.
ESPECIALLY since I’m half marathon training again!
I naturally have a fast metabolism and currently take levothyroxine for hypothyroidism which makes my metabolism even faster AND started a more intense half marathon training schedule than I did last summer which makes my metabolism EVEN FASTER.
So basically, if I don’t eat enough I will die.
If you’ve ever read or even skimmed any of my earlier recipe posts, you’ll know that I am a HUGE breakfast person. Especially for early morning runs. B/c not typically a morning person.
SO if I have a yummalicious breakfast first, my run will automatically be a million times better.
And these waffles are jacked full of all sorts of protein which helps keep me full and fuels my workout. ❤
***SIDE NOTE: Since these are made with chickpea flour (no wheat, no grain) you get more protein and less carbs. >>>>> #musclemassisontheway
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2 scoops Orgain creamy chocolate fudge organic plant based protein powder (I found this at Sprouts b/c it was on sale and it is sooooo good y’all <3)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. organic maple syrup, + extra for pouring
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp. dairy free, soy free, semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (they sell these at Whole Foods and Target)
- Non-stick spray of choice
- Sliced bananas and strawberries (or whatever fruit you like, rly. These are just my faves. <3)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Combine dry ingredients (through salt) in medium bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate, smaller bowl combine wet ingredients (through apple sauce). Stir to combine then mix in with dry ingredients.
- Allow to sit for 10 mins so it thickens.
- Heat up and lightly spray waffle iron.
- Pour in batter, smooth out with back of spoon, and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. It usually takes about 5 mins to cook through. When done, add chopped fruit, organic syrup, and enjoy! 🙂